Sunday, October 16, 2005

Minis News 16 Oct 05

OK, to the core of what I wanted to do ... provide a feed about new stuff going out in the fantasy and SF miniatures world. In the short term I'll paraphrase stuff (at least, the stuff that interests me) shamelessly from The Miniatures Page and from the fora at Frothers Unite! UK (links to be found in the, um, links section).

Starship Troopers Metals

Mongoose Publishing are admitting to momentary defeat regarding Light Mobile Infantry plastics ... they're pulling the current models and working on a set of metal minis in the interim, priced at $25 for 20 models.



I've heard various horror stories about the Starship Troopers plastics, but these look pretty good (as does the price) and may well end up in my Imperial Guard troops. I have to say that, despite a perverse liking for the movie (which plays basically like I wanted every science fiction movie to look when I was 15), the game doesn't hold much attraction for me.

New Infinity Faction Announced

Infinity is a skirmish level sci-fi game for 28mm miniatures, from Corvus Belli, who are also responsible for the WarCrow 28mm fantasy range. The game launches in November (I have this from a Corvus Belli post to FU!UK) with 3 factions: PanOceania, Yu Jing and Ariadna. Every 3 months a new faction will be released, starting with Haqquislam, and after that Nomads, which is the one just announced.

Nice looking minis and if nothing else flavour characters for Necromunda (I generally look at stuff from the point of view of, how can I incorporate this into an existing game I play, and then gradually get seduced into the new ones). I wonder by the way whether the forthcoming Tau codex will permit random aliens to be incorporated into the Tau empire ... probably not.

Celtos New Releases from Brigade Models

When Brigade acquired the rights to Celtos from Urban Mammoth, they also acquired rights to the previously limited edition models, which they've made available permanently. Here's Balor, Enora, Eilea and Galea (only the latter 3 were LE though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home