Friday, December 23, 2005

Minis News 23 Dec 05

And a merry Xmas to all. Probably the last one before the holidays. I have some various unopened boxes to review during the break, when I get the chance (or more likely, I opened them, shook my head sadly and closed them again). My main projects over the break are terrain-building, we'll see how far I get. To put my money where my mouth is, I ordered some stuff from Hasslefree, Freebooter and Copplestone, all of which I expect to arrive in the new year. I'd have ordered from Perry also if I could decide on the range. Of course, you can also get older Perry sculpts from Foundry, if you look outside their main GW employment.

I'd also add that the new UK WD arrived in some stores today (I'll read it later, haven't even taken it out of the bag at this point) and also the latest Harbinger fell through my letterbox this morning. So expect to see some stuff on those.

Anyhow ...

New Ilyad greens

More Howling Crest big barbarians ("Vorag Barbarians") with mohicans sculpts, 2 models (3 views of each at the link):



Magnificent Egos

... have a new webstore (the Frothers fora rightly commented it isn't very good) and some new greens:

- Baldorf (pictured)
- an impressive mounted blackguard
- second wave of Iron Heroes line (one model pictured - there are 3 in all)
- Nazchryst, Planar Warrior

'

Games Workshop News

3 new sneak peeks at their UK website:

- Orcs and Goblins giant (another variant on the sprue, presumably though a lead in to some Orcs and Goblins previews)
- Sauron, the Necromancer
- A heavily (but not particularly helpfully) photoshopped Tau Piranha

No new advance order items by the look of things.

Warmachine Previews

From the Privateer website:

- Cygnar Hammersmith warjack
- Khador Spriggan warjack

There's also (this is late, I wasn't going to play it, but while we're on the subject) a preview of No Quarter 4.

'

Wargames Journal

A downloadable PDF magazine, very nice and nicely done. I won't summarise what's in it, since it is free to download (be warned, if you don't have broadband - 10MB plus). Two issues:

the December issue and a taster issue, made available previously.

Hasslefree Greens

Some excellent new stuff from Hasslefree, keeping up a consistently high standard.

- Viktor (the latest Kev Adams goblin, a better picture than previously)
- Libby, a kind of female fantasy football space marine (I think)
- Suzi, machine-gun armed Japanese schoolgirl
- Dionne, a catsuit wearing werewolf hunter

'
'

Starship Troopers Burrower Bug

What it says on the tin. Still don't like the line, really, so I'm not the best person to ask.



Pulp Heroes

Some new Pulp Heroes greens (just a sample below) ... Very nice too. My Copplestone purchases were in this genre so this may well be a good match.



Forge World New Stuff

Fair amount of new stuff from the premier GW spin-off.

- Cadian Infantry Squad with Respirators Upgrade Pack (pictured)
- Cadian Infantry Squad Upgrade Pack (pictured)
- Cadian Hardened Veterans Upgrade Pack (pictured again)
- Imperial Navy Arvus Lighter
- Tyranid Aerial Spore Mines
- Tallarn Sentinel

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home